Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Mittwoch, 13. August 2014

About...

I am a teacher and passionate CrossFitter- why not combining these two elements and starting CrossFit Kids in Berlin...?!

My CrossFit journey has begun late summer 2012 when I tried a free outdoor WOD for the first time. Immediately I was hooked. The guy who was teaching the outdoor workouts was in charge to open a CrossFit Box in Berlin Kreuzberg. The box opened in August/September 2012, I became a member and my whole life changed... 
I have always been a very active person but I never felt so much fun and passion for any other sport before. I still love cycling, running, playing squash but it is not the same. CrossFit made me fitter and stronger, helped me to change my routines and my diet and is a great balance to my working schedule...
You never know what to expect -  I love the unknowing workout, fighting through all kinds of movements, learning, struggling, failing but winning at the end. I learned so many things, I would have never thought I could do... And of course, I am a very critical person,  often not satisfied with my results which keeps me going on. working on my weaknesses... I did my CrossFit L1 trainer certificate in April 2012. I also found out about CrossFit Kids and really liked the idea to teach CrossFit to to the younger athletes.
In August 2012 I moved to Shanghai because of wanderlust and a new work challenge. I kept on working out and made it as individual athlete to the Asia Regionals in Seoul, Korea. What an amazing experience and a highlight in my CrossFit "carreer"... Of course my results were nothing in comparing to the great athletes but it was a one time chance, doing all this workouts next to other strong athletes, with all the equipment and the audience around you...
In summer 2014 I  moved back to Germany. I travelled to the States, did my Kids certification in California and went to the CrossFit Games. Amazing athletes!!!!!!!!!

Now back in Berlin, working out 6 days a week with the same guys but at a new place and teaching kids next to my teacher job... 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen